AS A CHAPTER OF THE NYSCA (NATIONAL YOUTH SPORTS COACH’S APPLICATION), ALL OF OUR VOLUNTEER COACHES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW THE COACH’S CODE OF ETHICS PLEDGE.
• I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my players ahead of any personal desire to win.
• I will remember to treat each player as an individual, remembering the large spread of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
• I will do my very best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
• I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
• I will lead, by example, in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
• I will remember that children learn behavior not only from their parents but from their coaches. I will always be positive and praise the players constantly.
• I will insure that I am knowledgeable in the rules of each sport that I coach, and that I will teach these rules to my players.
• I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach.
• I will remember that I am a youth coach, and that the game is for the children and not adults.